I build things
I'm a tinkerer, engineer, builder, poet, writer, and sometimes, a photographer
I love building things, reading, writing, playing badminton, and jamming out to all sorts of music
- Now at Couchbase, working on cool DB stuff!
- Building Jacuzzi, a Concurrent Database Page Cache in Go (because a jacuzzi is a "buffered (swimming) pool")
- Finished my Capstone Project on Time-Series Databases, and Benchmarking Them
- Reading "Database Internals" by Alex Petrov, and "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson.
- Learning about MVCC, DB Transactions, Caches, LSM Trees
- Working on fixing my systems for health and mindfulness
- Meditating for 10 minutes a day
Fair warning - you will find incomplete posts on this website. That's by design.
Here's a map of this website. There's no search, so feel
free to use
Crtl+F to do so - but in case you want a more curated exploration,
here's the rough structure of this site -
- technology is a large part of my life - I see it as a means to bring about change in the world we live in.
- travel is arguably my favorite way to learn about nature, the world around me, and the human experience.
- research is how I attempt to learn more about my field and answer some of the larger questions.
- poetry is how I express myself. I write about things I like.
- talks are how I share what I've learnt! I love doing talks, and I love introducing new ideas and watching people connect the dots even more.
The website you're reading right now is built with and generated by Saaru - A Bespoke Static Site Generator written in Rust.
Some curated posts
Exploring MapReduce, a foundational computing paradigm for Big Data
Let's Learn about Rust!
Are we putting ourselves in boxes or containers?
Fixing a Bug in Meilisearch
How I made my first Hacktoberfest 2021 Contribution in Rustlang
Dubai in Pictures - Part 1
Come with me to Dubai!
What you can learn from Failure
Here's everything I learnt as a project team leader (primarily as a Lead for the ACM PESUECC AIEP 2021)
Decorators by Example in Python 🐍 🍩
Trying to understand what a decorator in Python is, and how to use it
Building Github bots with BunSamosa Bot
Building a Golang-based Github Bot for ACM PESUECC Hacknight
Saaru - Rust India May 2023 Meetup
this is about Saaru, a Static Site Generator
Git Up and Running (Git 101)
This post is my best attempt to put into words a talk I gave (by the same title) at my University a couple of times. Grab a cup of coffee/tea/water, and let's learn about Git!
Some of my thoughts on where this blog is going.
You Wouldn't Unlock a Mutex!
Did you know that you can't unlock a Mutex in Rust?
A summary of "Error Handling in Rust"
I attempt to summarize an article by @burntsushi5